Friday, March 21, 2008

LOVE

So I (Erin) am reading this book about parenting with grace and came upon the author's definition of love:

"Love is the commitment of my will to your needs and best interests, regardless of the cost."

This really hit home with me. To me love can be so abstract and there are so many authors/child psychologists/therapists/researchers/etc who fully believe that a huge piece of what our kids need to grow into healthy adults is love. After reading the definition above I really had to sit back and think about how I love, and not only my kids but all those I claim to love. I know that Jesus is love and the ultimate definition of love and often think of him and read about him when I need to work on my love, but we now have this definition on our bathroom mirror to remind us/me how to concretely love those whom I want to know my love...quite confusing, but something I felt led to share!
Love,
Erin

No comments: