Sunday, May 16, 2010

Nature Hike

After some needed fresh air due to painting Merideth's room we headed out for a nature hike in a little reserve they have here in OKC. It was a fun time with the perfect weather and we had the joy of bringing home bugs, rocks and plants in our little Tupperware. Merideth and Erin also brought home a couple of parasitic bugs, yes TICKS!!! Up until yesterday we had not come into any known contact with these lovely little critters. I, Erin, found one on me, not yet munching, then immediately told the kids to strip down. Sure enough Merideth had one "riding" on her back, ewwwwwww! We successfully removed it and kept it to show friends. Next nature hike...bug spray!!! Samuel journaling what he saw.

A tick sanctuary!!=@

1 comment:

Leah said...

I sure missed you at the wedding. I love the blog. I should really leave a comment each time I have a look. Glad you found the ticks. Yuck yuck.
Love Leah