Sunday, January 3, 2010

Silly Little Mouse

Okay, just a funny story for your entertainment:

Shortly after we moved into our home here in OK I spotted some small blackish brownish stuff that I was convinced was the dropping of a certain little critter. Marc was convinced that there was no way we could have a critter in our brand new home. One night, many nights after the initial discussion of the possibility of a critter, Marc came home from work right after I had mopped the kitchen floor. We stood in the kitchen talking and I happened to look down at the floor and notice a few small blackish brownish things and proceeded to try and convince Marc of the critter roaming our home. As I rambled on about the fact that we should not have a critter I noticed the slippers I was wearing was loosing their tread...small blackish brownish stuff.

Now it is just before Christmas and there is evidence of a critter in the house, yes small blackish brownish stuff lurking in the pantry. Then I spot the stinker darting from the pantry to the garage one night. We go to NM for Christmas and come home the remnants of a party in our pantry...Marc put two traps in the garage without much action for a couple of days. Marc went away for an overnight trip on Saturday morning and I noticed the trap right outside the garage door was no longer there. I thought, "how nice, he didn't want me to have to deal with the little fella so he put it away until he gets back." Tonight, Sunday night, Marc asks me where the trap is. I state that I have not touched them and he is pretty adamant that with ALL the moving I did in the garage while cleaning I moved the trap. Marc walks into the garage with me close behind. As I get ready to step into the garage I see the trap with the mouse on the other side of the door and in an EVER so calm voice say, "THERE IT IS, THERE IT IS, THERE IT IS!"

I am sure we will have many more of these fun little critter stories in the future and the traps remain just in case we have a gang of mice having parties but this is our first of a silly little mouse, may he rest in peace.

1 comment:

Denise said...

How funny -- brings to mind another mouse story -- I'll have to tell it to you in person - I need to act it out! Mother always had issues with mice in our home!